Photo: Batsú Estudio
For visitors who wish to live the Pacuare Reserve Experience but long for a bit more comfort, Casa Grande offers private and pleasant accommodations.
Casa Grande is a timber structure with 4 guest rooms. The huge balcony offers views of the sea, the lagoon and the canals while the wildlife in the surrounding jungle presents a concert of nature sounds and chants.
Casa Baula Bungalow
Casa Baula is a separate beachfront bungalow with two bedrooms and a small living area: ideal for families with children. The main room features one queen bed and a private bathroom and the second room has a bunkbed.
Special conditions and services
of accommodation in Ecolodge:
• YES private bathroom and shower.
• YES Light (provided by solar energy).
• YES Limited WiFi.
• YES Towels.
• YES Mosquito nets.
• YES Bedding.
• NO switches in the room to charge electronics (switches available only in the Lab).
• NO soap or personal cleansing items in the bathroom.
• NO hot water.
• NO fans in the rooms.
• NO air condition.
Costa Rica sea turtles, canals and tropical rainforest
If you want more than the average tour, but less planning, Pacuare Reserve is the best option for you. Logistics are usually the most stressful parts of traveling, especially when making plans for family or groups. Your stay at Pacuare Reserve includes an all-inclusive trip package so you can skip the extensive planning.
The 3-day package includes several of the most iconic activities in the authentic area of the Northern Caribbean, including exploring the tropical rainforest, admiring the beautiful Agami Heron, one of the most impressive and beautiful heron species in existence; touring the extensive network of natural canals that form part of the famous Tortuguero canals, and watching sea turtles, including the Leatherback, which finds one of its favorite nesting sites in Barra de Pacuare.
The 3-day package includes
• 2 nights lodging at the Ecolodge (if you would like to stay more than 2 nights, please contact us to design a package adapted to you for a longer stay)
• Boat transfers Dock-Reserve-Dock.
• Two breakfasts, two lunches and 2 dinners
• Intro to the Reserve and its programs
• Boat tour through the canals
• Hike in the rainforest trails
• Night census to watch the sea turtles nesting (offered only from March until October)
• Birdwatching of Agami Herons (offered only from May until August)
When you book online two nights at Ecolodge, this package will be applied to your booking automatically. Look up a description of the activities and tours included in this package here.
This is an example of an itinerary that illustrates the experience you can live in Pacuare Reserve. The order of activities and their availability can vary according to length of stay, weather conditions and are offered according to the season and logistical aspects.
Check in at
Hike in the rainforest
Intro to the Reserve and its programs
Birdwatching of Agami Herons
Night census to watch the sea turtles nesting
Boat tour through the canals
Night census to watch the
sea turtles nesting
Enjoy and help at the same time. A visit to Pacuare Reserve is a great way to support our work and to be a part of conservation in action. If you have any questions, please contact us at